As an enhancing extra to your stay at Hotel Merina, reception suggests on option: a visit to the tourist sites in and around Yaoundé, or to the leisure and sports clubs.
Our sure assets :
Park de la MEFOU
- Situated in the Mefou and Afamba départmement, main town Mfou, and more precisely in the village of Ndandeng in the centre region.
- Some 1050 hectares (2500 acres) with primates, gorillas, and chimpanzees, and over 100 listed species of native birds and much more.
- Allow between 1 and 1 ½ hours for the visit. Attention ! The Park closes to the public at 5 PM.
Tourist site of EBOGO
This small township situated 18km from Mbalmayo will set all your senses alight! Activities include:
- A river trip in a pirogue (dug-out canoe)
- A visit of the village and botanical track
- A foot circuit in the forest along the botanical track
- A bit of traditional style fishng
- Wild-bird sighting
- Butterfly collecting
- A visit to the mouth of the So’o
- A visit to the 300 year-old Go’s tree
A monument created in 1972 when the earlier Federal Republic became a single State. The monument stands in Yaoundé.
There is no lack of sports grounds and facilities :
- Yaoundé Tennis Club
- Yaoundé Golf Club
- The Fitness Club
- The horse-riding club